When gambling stops being fun.
There's hope, there's help.
Dial 1-877-9GAMBLE Now
Call the Problem Gambling Hotline, sponsored by the Rhode Island Lottery, 1-877-9GAMBLE for help with problem gambling. Available 24 hours a day to help you, listen to you, and refer you to a local treatment center.
Gamblers Hotline is funded by the Rhode Island Lottery Commission and managed by United Way of Rhode Island. Answered by call specialists trained in information & referral, advocacy and comprehensive listening.
How Do I Know?
Do you know someone who displays these problem gambling symptoms?
• Preoccupied with gambling.
• Unable to stop gambling.
• Brags and boasts about gambling & exaggerates wins.
• Minimizes losses.
• Increases the size of bets.
• Has unexplained financial difficulties.
• Is restless or irritable with severe mood swings when not gambling.
• Gambles to "feel better".
Whether it’s a spouse, a friend, a member of your family, or even you, the answers to these questions can help you realize if gambling has become a problem:
• Is gambling making your home life unhappy?
• Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
• Do you ever feel remorse after gambling?
• After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
• Do you gamble to escape worries and troubles?
• Does gambling keep you from sleeping?
• Do arguments, disappointments or frustration create an urge to gamble?
• Does gambling make you careless about your welfare or that of your family?
• Do you gamble longer than you had planned?
• Do you gamble until your last dollar is gone?
• Do you gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
• Do you borrow to finance your gambling?
If you or someone you know shows these symptoms, there is hope. Problem gambling is a treatable illness. With proper treatment, a problem gambler can begin the recovery process and regain control of his/her life.
List of Services
- Compulsive Gambling
- Gambling Addiction Prevention Programs
- Gambling Counseling/Treatment
- Gambling Issues
AskRhody search engine funded by a CMS Real Choices Grant and the RI Dept. of Human Services.